10 Jun WHAT IS BHRT?
BHRT stands for Bio-identical Hormone Replacement Therapy. Natural or Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy, (BHRT), is the art and science of restoring balance to decrease the unpleasant symptoms and treat diseases caused by hormone imbalances.
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy as: Estrogen, Progesterone, Testosterone contain the same structure as the hormones produced naturally by the human body; (100%) identical. Specialized testing is performed to pinpoint which specific hormones are out of balance. Based on the test results and symptoms, an individualized treatment regimen is determined utilizing bioidentical hormones.
This is not a ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach to restoring balance. It is as individual as you are. For your individual needs, we offer two modalities of BHRT: Pellet Therapy and Traditional BHRT.
Pellet Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Pellet BHRT more closely mimics the body’s way of delivering these hormones to the organs in need. Hence, it is the preferred method of Hormone Replacement therapy.
A blood test is done to evaluate your hormone levels for Pellet Therapy. Based on the results, the bioidentical hormones, as small as a grain of rice, are painlessly slipped under the skin and provide continuous symptom relief for 4-6 months.
In addition to being bio-identical, pellet therapy is the only hormone delivery system that is bio-available. As your requirement for hormones increases (as with exercise, stress, illness) the pellet safely increases the amount of hormones to meet your body’s needs. So despite what life throws at you, you will have the mental, physical, and emotional capability to meet it head-on. Pellet Therapy will require re-insertion 2-3 times a year.
The benefits of Pellet Therapy over all other methods of BHRT delivery are:
- Normal levels of each hormone are achieved in the blood utilizing very low dosages of estradiol (estrogen) and testosterone
- Pellets release estrogen (estradiol) and testosterone directly into the bloodstream, thereby bypassing the liver.
- Pellets are the only form of hormone replacement therapy that can release more hormone when the body demands it.
- Pellets are made from pure crystallized, biologicaly identical estradiol (estrogen) and testosterone.
- Pellets provide continuous symptom relief for 4-6 months.
- Pellets are hassle-free, requiring insertions only 2-3 times a year.
Thaditional Hormone Replacement Therapy.
Traditional BHRT involves first performing a Hormone Test. Once the imbalance is determinded, the therapy is initiated, and may be in the form of creams, tablets, capsules, or troches.
Is BHRT Safer Than Synthetic HRT?
Many patients who use synthetic HRT report a variety of unpleasant side effects. Studies have shown that synthetic HRT can significantly increase risk factors for several major diseases and health disorders including:
- Strokes (41% increase)
- Heart Attacks (29% increase)
- Breast Cancer (26% increase)
- Blood Clots (200% increase)
REMEMBER: These studies were conducted using Synthetic Hormones. Not Bioidentical Hormones.
HORMONES OUT OF BALANCE CONTRIBUTE TO SEVERAL DISEASES. SYNTHETIC HORMONES HAVE BEEN SHOWN TO INCREASE THE RISKS OF STROKES, HEART DISEASE, BREAST CANCER, AND BLOOD CLOTS, WHEREAS BALANCE WITH BIOIDENTICAL HORMONES HAS NOT BEEN SHOWN TO INCREASE THESE RISKS. IN MANY STUDIES, BALANCE WITH BHRT HAS BEEN SHOWN TO BE PROTECTIVE.
How Does One Test For Hormone Imbalances?
Testing is very important in the proper diagnosis and management of hormone imbalances. For example, many of the symptoms of estrogenexcess overlap with progesterone deficiency. In order to pinpoint the specific imbalances, hormone levels must be measured and treatment individually customized. Once the imbalance is determinded, the therapy is initiated. Pellet BHRT more closely mimics the body’s way of delivering hormones to the organs in need. A blood test is done to evaluate your hormones
Bioidentical Hormone regimens are made by a compounding pharmacist for each patient individually, based on the specific symptoms and test results. The therapy may be delivered in the form of BHRT Pellets topical creams, pills, capsules, lozenges, or subdermal implants. The method of delivery is based both on the specific hormones in your preparation and your preference. This therapeutic plan is individualized andpersonalized to meet your needs.
What Are Some Of The Benefits Of Achieving Hormone Balance With BHRT?
- Decrease or Cure: hot flashes, night sweats and insomnia.
- Improve: mental clarity and focus.
- Accelerate: fat burning and increased capacity to lose weight and get in shape.
- Calm: anxiety and decrease depression.
- Alleviate: foggy thinking and memory lapses.
- Restore: sexual function and increase libido.
- Reduce: hormonally triggered headaches and other PMS symptoms such as irritability, bloating, and fatigue.
- Regulate: menstrual bleeding and decrease painful periods.
- Possibly avoid: surgical interventions for bleeding irregularities and pelvic pain caused by hormone imbalances.